Elvis Presley was born second in the two room shack in Tupelo Mississippi on January 8, 1935.
Tupelo never built the Elvis Presley Community Center that his concert raised $10,000 in funds for.
When they got around to professionally exploiting this tourism market, they put paint on the house, wall paper and decorated it – they also added the porch swing. Apparently, it’s more sample of the style, the actual one having been torn down.
2. Reese Street, where the Presleys stayed with Vester and Clettes Presley and their daughter Patsy, 1940-41
3. Kelly Street, a rented, small apartment, 1942
4. Vernon paid $ 200 down on the house on Berry Street on August 8, 1945. He was forced to sell it on July 18, 1946. “Doll” Smith lived here with the Presleys and then Minnie Mae Presley moved in.
5. Commerce Street, a rental, in 1946
6. 510 1/2 Maple Street, South Tupelo where the Presleys lived with Glady’s cousin Frank Richards and his wife, Leona.
7. Mulbery Alley
8.1010 North Green Street, in the Shakerag section of Tupelo.
Elvis’ childhood sweethearts:
Carol Ballard – In Tupelo, Elvis was nine
Eloise Bedford – Childhood girlfriend
Magdelen Morgan – In Tupelo
1. 572 Poplar Avenue (Sept. 12, 1948-Sept. 20, 1949)
2.185 Winchester Street, a two- bedroom apartment (number 328) Sept 2o 1949 to
3. 398 Cypress Street (rented from January 7 to April 1953
Elvis High School Girlfriends
Betty McMann – 1950-51
Billie Wardlaw – Lauderdale Courts girlfriend
Regis Wilson Vaughan – Prom date – 1953
Tammy Young – High School
Dixie Locke – Elvis’ Memphis sweetheart
The Sun Records Rockabilly Era
4. 2414 Lamar Avenue (rented from end of 1954 to mid-1955)
5.1414 Getwell Street (rented from mid-1955 to May, 11 1956.)
Patty Philpot – Memphis, mid 1950’s
Anita Carter – Singer with the Carter Sisters
Barbara Pittman – recorded at Sun Records
Sharon Wiley – mid 1950’s
Carolyn Bradshaw – Hayride Folk singer
Wanda Jackson – Decca recording artist
6. 1034 Audubon Drive, where Elvis bought a three-bedroom home in April 1956 for $ 40,000 The family lived her from May 11 1956 to March 1957. Elvis allegedly sold the house for $ 55,000 it had an iron fence which still exists at the property. The Audubon Drive neighbors hated the Presleys and the commotion caused by fans. A neighborhood group asked the Presleys to leave. House fire in 2017.
Bobbi Owens – June 30, 1956
The RCA Victor Atomic Powered Singer
Marilyn Evans – Las Vegas showgirl
Judy Spreckles – spring 1957
Andrea June Stevens – Won a date
Venetia Stevenson – dated In 1957-58
Tempest Storm – stripper – 1957
Dottie Harmony – Las Vegas showgirl
Anne Neyland – Dated – Jailhouse Rock
Graceland, Memphis TN
7. 3764 Elvis Presley Boulevard (in a suburb of Memphis called Whitehaven) is where Graceland sits. Elvis purchased the house for $ 100,000 and lived there until his death.
The Military Service Disruption
Military service Fort Hood in Texas. until September 19, Oct 1 In Germany
October 1958 to February 2, 1959: Hotel Grunwald in Bad Nauheim, Germany
February 3, 1959 to March 2, 1960
Military Service in Germany / Goethestr.14 in Bad Nauheim, Germany
The Hollywood Decade/The Elvis Establishment
ElvisWorld: The Stanleys: Presley 3 Vernon’s second family
Elvis stayed here off and on for the next 5 years.
Nancy Sinatra – Speedway co-star
Circle G Ranch, MS
The Vegas Artist in Residence and Tour Decade
Vicki Peters – Dated In 1971
Cybill Shepherd – Actress
Carol Connor – songwriter
Sandra Zancan – Las Vegas showgirl
Diane Goodman – Miss Georgia, 1972
Sheila Ryan – Dated Elvis In 1974
Mindi Miller – model – 1975-76
Kathy Westmoreland – Toured with Elvis throughout 1970s
Lisa Watts, Memphis bank teller, May-August 1977
Aicia Kerwin – 1977 – Bank teller
The Wake and Aftermath
1350 Leadera Circle, Palm Springs, CA
Elvis leased this home on September 21, 1966
Camino del Norte, Palm Springs, CA
Elvis and Priscilla rented this home in April 1968 while looking for one to buy.
845 Chino Canyon Rd., Palm Springs, CA
Elvis and Priscilla bought this home in April 1970 paying $13,187.83 down and signing a mortgage for $85,000.
Beverly Hills CA
1. Elvis stayed at the Knickerbocker Hotel on Ivar Avenue, on the 11th floorwith Memphis Mafia, Gladys, and Vernon during the filming of Loving You. He then stayed at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel and eventually moved to the Regent Beverly Wilshire at 9500 Wilshire Boulevard.
2. 565 Perugia Way, Bel Air (a rental 1960-63 moved back into the home 1963-65)
3. 1059 Bellagio Road, Bel Air was a rental and had a bowling alley Elvis lived here briefly in 1963 and 1965
4. 10550 Rocca Place, Bel Air (a rental from late 1965 to May 7 1967)
5. 1174 Hillcrest a three bedroom home in the Trousdale Estates was purchased on May 7 1967, for approximately $ 400,000
6. 144 Monovale in the Holmby Hills
7. 835 Chino Canyon Road was a vacation home in Palm Springs Elvis built this white stucco single story fifteen room ranch ranch for $ 85,000 and willed it to Lisa Marie in 1979 it was sold.
8. 1350 Leadera Circle, was in Palm Springs. Elvis rented the five thousand square foot home in April 1970.
1. 906 Oak Hill Drive in Killeen Texas. Elvis rented the four bedroom for members of the Memphis Mafia and his parents in May 1958
2. 14 Goethestrasse was in Bad Nauheim, West Germany. For $ 800 a month, Elvis rented a five bedroom white stucco house at this location from October 1958 to the end of 1959 while he served in the Army.
3. 4152 Royal Crest Place in Memphis was the home Elvis bought and gave as a gift to Ginger Alden. It was one block from Graceland.
4. The Circle G Ranch was located on 163 acres off Rt. 301 in DeSoto County Near Walls Mississippi.
525 Perugia Way, Bel Air, CA
Elvis rented this home twice. September 1960 to November 1961 and January 1963 – 1965.
10539 Bellagio Rd., Bel Air, CA
Elvis rented this home from November 1961 to January 1963.
10550 Rocco Place, Bel Air, CA
Elvis rented this home in February 1966.
1174 Hillcrest Ave., Beverly Hills, CA
Elvis and Priscilla bought this home in November 1967 for $400,000.
144 Monovale, Holmby Hills, CA
Elvis and Priscilla bought this larger home in December 1970 for $339,000.
Elvis Presley died in his bathroom at Graceland in Memphis Tennessee on August 16, 1977.
The only conspiracy was an initial claim by Joe Esposito that Elvis died in his own bed, and there was a clean-up of the bathroom by Aunt Delta and Nancy Rooks.
An attempt to give Elvis some shred of dignity in death, soon shattered.
The already published “Elvis: What Happened” was re-printed with a new chapter.
The damage done and the control about to set the spin.
The Caddy that Caught Fire
The Pink Cadillac
Gold Cadillac – Tour of Australia
Elvis Presley Romances
Elvis Presley Bromances
Elvis was metrosexual; but was he Bisexual? – Nick Adams
Managing with Monkeys – Elvis and Lamar Fike
3764 Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, TN
On March 25, 1957 Elvis purchased his beloved Graceland for $102,500 from
Mrs. Ruth Brown Moore. This was his permanent home until he died here on August 16, 1977.
Additional homes during the Graceland years:
906 Oak Hill Drive, Killeen, TX
Home Elvis rented in 1958 during basic training at Ft. Hood, Texas.
Goethestrasse 14, Bad Nauheim, West Germany
Home Elvis rented in 1959/60 while serving in the US Army in Germany.